So Brave is committed to respecting and protecting your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- the types of personal information we collect, hold, use and disclose;
- how we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information; and
- what you can do if you have concerns about this Policy or your privacy.
In this Policy:
- “personal information” means information or an opinion about an identifiable individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
- “sensitive information” includes health information and information about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or criminal record.
- “So Brave App” means the So Brave mobile application.
- “we“, “our” and “us” refers to So Brave Ltd, and “you” and “yourself” refers to any person about whom we collect person information.
2. What kind of personal information we collect
The personal information we collect about you will depend on the circumstances of collection.
If you make a purchase through our website, we may collect your name, contact details and other information you provide to process your purchase.
If you use the So Brave App, we will collect your name, email address, gender and date of birth when you create an account. We will collect other personal information that you choose to enter when using the app. This may include sensitive information, such as health information when you conduct a breast check or information about your racial or ethnic origin if it is apparent from your profile photo.
- We also collect personal information that is provided to us in the course of our normal business operations, such as if you apply for employment with us or make an enquiry about our products or services. The kinds of information we collect will depend on what is provided to us, but typically includes your name, address and other contact details.
3. How we collect personal information
Usually we will collect your personal information directly from you. Sometimes our agents or contractors will collect your information and provide it to us. This may include details you provide to contractors who manage customer support enquiries, process transactions or provide shipping services on our behalf.
Collection can occur in a number of ways, such as when you complete an online form, enter your information into the So Brave App, or call, email or write to us.
4. How we hold your personal information
We hold personal information in various ways, including in an electronic database which may be hosted by a third party cloud service provider.
- The security of your personal information is a priority for us. We take physical and electronic security measures to safeguard personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. These measures include restricting access to personal information, using current technological protection measures, and taking reasonable steps to destroy personal information when it is no longer needed.
5. Purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
(a) providing you with products and services, including processing purchases that you have made from us, running events and providing the So Brave App;
(b) responding to enquiries and other communications we receive from you;
(c) collecting feedback and developing, improving, managing and administering our services;
(d) analysing usage trends of our website and the So Brave App (in a de-identified and aggregated form);
(e) engaging third party contractors to help provide our products and services (including, for example, managing support enquiries, processing transactions and shipping products);
(f) telling you about our products and services (unless you have told us that you do not want this information); and
(g) other purposes which are disclosed at the time of collection or which you consent to or are required by law.
We do not sell the personal information that you provide to us.
6. Overseas disclosures
All of our activities are conducted within Australia, so generally we will not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients. However, in some circumstances (such as where you model for a So Brave calendar or attend a So Brave event) personal information including your name and image may be published on our website. Information available on our website may be accessible from overseas.
7. How you may access and seek correction of your personal information
- You have the right to request access to your personal information held by us and to have it updated or corrected. In limited circumstances, we may decline your request to access or update your personal information. If that happens, we will provide you a written reason for our decision.
We reserve the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information. If there is a charge, it will be reasonable and we will let you know how much it will be so that you can agree to it before we proceed.
- You may request that your personal information be removed or destroyed. We will endeavor to comply with your request, but it may not always be possible to do so.
- If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or how your personal information is handled by us, you may contact us. Our contact details are at the end of this Policy.
- You may also make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (phone 1300 363 992). Their website also contains further information about making complaints relating to privacy.
9. Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. Any changes to this policy will be published on our website.
The date our Policy was last updated is shown at the bottom of this document.
10. Contact us
We welcome your comments regarding this Policy. If you have any questions about this Policy and would like further information, please contact us by any of the following means.
Attn: Privacy Officer
PO Box 219
Clayfield Qld 4011
Email: team (at) sobrave.com.au
|Approved by:||So Brave Limited Board|
|Periodicity of review:||Annually, unless otherwise required|